Deaf Culture/Communication Access
- Police Training Curriculum by DeafSAFE
Webinar Recording & Powerpoint
- Training Activities for Hearing Audience
- Culture, Language, and Access: Serving Deaf Survivors Policy Brief (Vera Institute of Justice)
- Working with a Deaf Survivor: A Resource Guide (DVAS)
- NCIEC Fact Sheet: Working with Interpreters
- Bench Card for Judges
Trauma-Informed Qualified Interpreters
DVSV for Deaf Youth
- DeafHope adapted materials from the Love is Respect campaign. Download a copy of the powerpoint here, check presenter notes for details on the consent activity. We also use the hearing teen dating violence wheel (see above section on Power and Control Wheels).
- Break the Cycle has a teen dating violence curriculum here that can be used, please share if you develop a Deaf version.
- That's Not Cool also has great resources that could be adapted for Deaf youth. They have interactive app style quizzes and challenges designed for teens.
- Conversation Cards to Learn About Consent
- COPD (Community Outreach Program for the Deaf) in Tucson, Arizona developed a 10-week curriculum for Deaf youth. Check out the webinar video for more information about the activities.
Webinar on Teen Dating Violence Curriculum
Curriculum Materials: Curriculum Outline Powerpoint for Students Pre/Post Test
- Tea and Consent video by DEAF Inc.
- Lemonade and Consent video by Deaf SHARE
- Bloom365 has great teen resources, also not yet adapted for Deaf students. Check them out and see what you can create!
- Teen Dating Violence by DIAA (Deaf Iowans Against Abuse)
- No Bullying by California School for the Deaf Fremont
- No Bullying by DIAA (Deaf Iowans Against Abuse)
- Bullying in ASL by SPARC (Systems and Psychosocial Advances Research Center)
- "Silent" hearing student film about bullying of a Deaf youth